Here is a list of what’s happening in our club
Maybe you could help out on a current project.
Email Pres. Jan for more information.
- The Queensland Home Garden Expo
A great success each year in July (postponed this year till maybe September)
This well produced annual expo has been happening in July for many years and would be the premier garden show in Queensland. Our involvement each year sees the successful raising of funds to continue our good work.Our Rotary Club provides food and drinks from our permanent venue near to the Rodeo ring.
We provide a range of burgers, pies & sausage rolls, hot chips, hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and a range of biscuits and scones to suit every taste.
Please contact us if you think you can help us to raise funds to eradicate POLIO in the world.
- Bunnings Sausage Sizzle
We frequently do a “Sausage Sizzle” at Bunnings in Maroochydore.
Sometimes mid week and also in Saturdays.
- Student Exchange 2018-19
We were co-hosting a student from France, Theo Mandelaire, who attended the Nambour State College.
He settled into school and Rotary life very well and even passed exams.
Theo had a keen interest in flying drones and has his own drone with him.
Another interest is rock climbing and has found some of the local attractions to keep up his skills.
- Other club activities just completed
- Vocational Awards – “Pride of Work” was held in May, presenting awards to worthy citizens in the district.
- R.A.N.Z.E. Student Exchange with New Zealand.
- R.Y.L.A. – Rotary Youth Leadership Awards at Luther Heights Camp, Coolum.
- ANZAC Day breakfast at the bowls club, Woombye following the dawn service.
- Students from the Youth Exchange Program were hosted to breakfast with our club in the park at Woombye.
- The Nambour Agricultural Show was a great success this year with greatly reduced entry fees and we did provide food and drinks and had a great time serving the public. This one of our major fund raising projects in the year.